Please read these terms – by using the 1000minds software, you are agreeing to them.
1000minds software is intended for decision-making, prioritization and discovering stakeholders’ preferences via conjoint analysis (or choice modelling), including group decision-making.
We have done our best to make sure the software is as accurate and error-free as possible. We reserve the right to make changes without notice. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvements.
Trial user and licensee rights
Trial users are very welcome to test 1000minds’ capabilities. However, if you want to use the software for real-world applications, you need to clear this with us first.
If you or your organization have a commercial license or academic award to use the software, you or your organization are granted non-exclusive, limited access to the software for the term of the license. These rights automatically expire when the term of the license ends.
Given that the software can be used to create customized processes involving online surveys and other group decision-making activities, you must not use 1000minds for sending emails that are inappropriate or unrelated to your use of 1000minds.
Warranties and liabilities
No warranties, expressed or implied, are given. No liability is accepted for any losses or damage arising directly or indirectly from using the software.
Also, no liability is accepted for any losses or damage arising directly or indirectly from events outside of our control, including force majeure or ‘acts of God’.
Jurisdiction and intellectual property
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
Copyright law and international treaties protect this software, including all title and intellectual property (IP) rights. All IP rights are owned by the owners of the software or our licensors.
You must not use 1000minds for illegal purposes. If you are using 1000minds for the purpose of surveying individuals, you must consider the laws relating to email marketing and avoid “spamming” – in general, this requires that you have the prior consent of those whom you are emailing.
1000minds regularly commissions security testing from a trusted provider. No ‘white hat’ hacking or security testing is permitted. This includes any automated tools, such as vulnerability scanners.
You indemnify 1000minds from actions from third parties in relation to your use of 1000minds.
Changes to these terms
Please contact us if you have any questions.
We collect personal information about your use of 1000minds software and our website in order to provide 1000minds services and to interact with and respond to you. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
In addition, for the purpose of analyzing user trends and internet traffic, we may collect details of your visit to our website, information about your computer, Internet Protocol address, operating system and browser, etc.
In the case of services provided to you on an organizational basis, we may report the information you provide us to the organization’s administrators – for their own legitimate purposes and also for our own.
We reserve the right to collect any other information at our discretion, and to notify you of news and other important information via email for as long as you have an account with 1000minds.
Data storage and confidentiality
We store your personal information on servers located at approved locations under contract to 1000minds. Data will be stored indefinitely and used for the purposes described in this policy.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you authorize us to do so, or we are required to by law.
Notification of breach
1000minds will notify customers as soon as is practicable and without undue delay after becoming aware of a breach of customer data or personally identifiable information. Such notification will include details of the nature of the breach, the categories of information potentially breached, and where appropriate, potential measures to mitigate possible adverse effects.
Sale of data
1000minds will not sell your data or personal information about you.
Without limiting your rights under the legislation and regulations of relevant jurisdictions, you have the following rights:
Right of access
You have the right to know what personal information is stored about you.
Right of correction
You have the right to have corrections made to personal information stored about you.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to have personal information we hold about you deleted. This right is limited only by legislation requiring us to maintain such information, e.g. we must retain information relating to financial transactions for tax purposes.
How to exercise your rights
If you are answering a 1000minds survey, it has most likely been set up and administered by a customer of 1000minds. In the first instance, please endeavour to contact the person or organization that sent the survey to you. If you have difficulty doing so, or if you are unhappy with the response, please contact email@example.com so that we may assist you.
1000minds customers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all privacy-related requests.
Categories of information
1000minds stores a limited set of personal information, most of which you will have chosen to share with 1000minds:
- Name, address, email, phone number
- Organisation affiliation, industry, number of employees
- Areas of interest for the application of 1000minds
- Technical information such as IP address, browser type and time zone.
- Google Analytics to help understand how our website and applications are being used.
- Microsoft Clarity to help understand how our website is being used.
- Google Analytics and Microsoft Bing ads to measure the performance of our ads, if marketing cookies are accepted.
- Google services to allow users, at their discretion, to ‘Login in with Google’.
- Microsoft services to allow users, at their discretion, to ‘Log in with Microsoft’.
- Secure web and database services running on Microsoft Azure in the US.
Analytics & log files
We use Google Analytics and Microsoft Clarity as analytics providers to analyze how 1000minds is used. Basic information is transmitted to our analytics and used to evaluate and to produce statistics/insights about website activity. We will not use (nor allow third parties to use) such tools to track or collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our website.
If you choose to allow 1000minds statistics & marketing cookies Google may associate visitation information with your Google account for the purpose of ads personalization.
Your activity on the web site is recorded in log files in order to help us understand how our software is being used, to enable you to see the history of your models, and to assist us with troubleshooting problems and improving the software. Your activity may be combined with others’ to produce aggregate datasets that may be analyzed for research purposes.
GDPR, CCPA, and similar privacy legislation and regulations
The EC issued a formal decision recognizing New Zealand’s legal standards as being sufficient for Article 25(2) of European Union (EU) Directive 95/46/EC: that is that New Zealand’s law provides an “adequate level of data protection”. The shorthand often used is that New Zealand has “EU adequacy” or is “an adequate third country”. While 1000minds’ compliance with New Zealand’s privacy legislation is therefore sufficient, it is expected that New Zealand’s privacy legislation will continue to be developed and align more and more closely with the GDPR. 1000minds is continuing to improve its alignment with the principles of both New Zealand legislation and the GDPR.
Processor and controller roles and responsibilities
You are the controller of any data, including personal data, that you collect using 1000minds. 1000minds is the processor of such data, except when you act as a processor or sub-processor of the data, in which case 1000minds is a sub-processor. If you are not the controller of the data, you warrant that your appointment, and that of 1000minds, has been authorized by the relevant controller.
You indemnify 1000minds in full for any and all claims or liability arising from your use of 1000minds, and from the use of 1000minds by your survey participants. You are responsible for complying with all relevant privacy and data processing legislation, in all jursidictions from which you operate and collect data.
As required by relevant jurisicitions’ legislation and regulations, you will notify survey participants of their rights in relation to their use of 1000minds, and seek their approval to proceed.
You must respond to requests from survey participants in a timely manner, e.g. for access to personal information, corrections to personal information, and deletion of personal information.
Changes to this policy
Data and systems security notice
Communications between your computer and 1000minds are always encrypted.
Keeping your data secure also depends on you maintaining the security of your account by using a sufficiently complicated password and storing it safely. You should also ensure that you have sufficient security on your computers.
Operating environment and application security
The server environment is kept up-to-date with current versions of software and security patches. Backups are encrypted and sent off-site on a daily basis. Our software engineers use best practices and industry-standard secure coding guidelines. Third-party penetration tests are used to evaluate and improve the security of our applications and environment.
Our data centre provider meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards including Australia IRAP and UK G-Cloud.
Our logs record your use of 1000minds for security, troubleshooting and internal audit purposes. These logs are also stored and processed securely.
You can trust us to keep your data confidential. If you want to, we’re happy to enter into a contractual agreement to guarantee the confidentiality of your information in 1000minds.
The EU ePrivacy Directive (ePR) states that we can store cookies essential to the operation of the application. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
1000minds essential cookies:
- auth: allows you to access secure parts of the site by confirming your identity (expiry: session)
- antiforgery: security protection to confirm your identity when posting forms (expiry: 2 hours)
- login.*: confirms your identity if you log in using Google or Microsoft (expiry: session)
- identity: confirms your identity during Google or Microsoft login (expiry: session)
- pwa: specifies whether the application is running as a progressive web app
- survey.*: records your survey response id(s) and progress so that you can access your results (max expiry: 7 days)
- user: allows you to access the application by confirming your identity (expiry: 3 months)
- demo: records your demo appointment if you choose to book one (expiry: 30 days)
Statistics & marketing
1000minds uses Google Analytics, Microsoft Bing and Microsoft Clarity cookies to collect web traffic data (statistics) to measure the performance of our website and our advertisements. No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
If you choose to allow these cookies, Google may associate visitation information with your Google account for the purpose of ads personalization.
The use of statistics & marketing cookies requires your consent, and allows us to improve our product over time.
1000minds statistics & marketing cookies:
- _ga: a unique identifier for generating statistical data on how the visitor uses the website (expiry: 2 years)
- _ga_*: used by Google Analytics to temporarily store data as the visitor uses the website (expiry: 2 years)
- _gac_gb_*: used by Google Analytics / Google Ads to store campaign related data (expiry: 90 days)
- _gid: a unique identifier for generating statistical data on how the visitor uses the website (expiry: 1 day)
- _uetsid: a session identifier used by Microsoft Bing Ads to measure ad campaign success (expiry: 1 day)
- _uetvid: a unique identifier used by Microsoft Bing Ads to measure ad campaign success (expiry: 390 days)
- _clck: a unique identifier used by Microsoft Clarity to combine multiple page views into a set (expiry: 1 year)
- _clsk: a session identifier used by Microsoft Clarity to combine multiple page views into a set (expiry: session)
- CLID: used by Microsoft Clarity to record the first time you visisted the website (expiry: 1 year)
- ANONCHK: records if Microsoft Clarity is used for advertising purposes (expiry: 10 minutes)
- MR: used by Microsoft Clarity to record if the MUID identifier should be refreshed (expiry: session)
- MUID: a unique identifier used by Microsoft Clarity for operational purposes (expiry: 1 year)
- SM: used by Microsoft Clarity for synchronizing the MUID identifier (expiry: session)
Consent to these cookies can be withdrawn at any time via your account settings.